The Rules of Thumb blog from MoneyThumb does our best to keep accountants and CPAs informed and educated. In that vein, today we would like to discuss the value of outsourcing your marketing efforts. If you are an accountant or CPA you went to school and learned how to be this so you could be successful helping keep the finances of your clients straight. You didn't study marketing, because that is not who you are, a marketer. However, in our digital age, online marketing is something your accounting firm cannot avoid. It needs to be done and is essential for the long-term success and the future of your firm.
Outsourcing Your Accounting Firm's Digital Marketing
Does all this mean a public accounting firm should rush out and hire a digital marketing director? Absolutely not. Generally, accounting firms with less than $10 million in revenue do not need a full-time digital marketing director. However, they do need digital marketing direction and the resources often provided by a digital marketing department.
The solution to this dilemma is outsourcing your accounting firm's digital marketing. Outsourcing allows your accounting firm to utilize marketing professionals at a level that matches the size and growth goals of their organization. Benefits of outsourcing your accounting firm's digital marketing include some of the following:
- Marketing professions who work with a wide variety of accounting firms.
- If your firm is large enough, you will be assigned a team of professionals (e.g., strategists, public relations, and social media specialists, graphic designers, writers, and editors, lead generation call representatives, and administrative team members.)
- No long-term contracts. Your accounting firm can use the digital marketer you outsource your marketing to only when you feel the need.
- No need for your accounting firm to hire, train, and sustain in-house marketing professionals.
- Your digital marketer will stay abreast of the latest marketing and business development news for accountants and accounting trends.
You may think your accounting firm is too small to have the need of outsourcing your digital marketing. To help you decide if you are a good candidate for outsourcing your marketing, no matter how small your accounting firm is, the Rules of Thumb blog from MoneyThumb would like to share this free downloadable report from Accounting Web. The report is titled, Outsourced Marketing: Why Small CPA Firms Even Consider It. This is a great read, and it is free, so if your accounting firm, no matter how small, is on the fence about outsourcing your digital marketing, you really should download this free report and read it.
Another way you can help benefit your accounting firm is to use the best PDF financial file converters on the market. If your firm is not already using the tools provided by MoneyThumb, now is the time to check them out. You won't believe the ease of use and the time you will save by using this software.