Here at the Rules of Thumb blog from MoneyThumb, we often discuss accounting and lending topics and how our software can help improve the lives of the professionals in these niches.
However, what our blog readers may not realize is that even though the versions of our software for accountants and lenders are bestsellers, like PDF Insights, we also have a robust version of the various MoneyThumb software which is specifically designed for small businesses.
Today we would like to offer digital marketing advice for our readers who are small business owners and are hungry to expand and create more profit for their business. By following the digital marketing advice we have researched and curated below from 5 of the best experts in the field, you can definitely improve your website and social media presence and make more money in the process.
- Our first expert with great digital marketing advice is one of my personal favorites, Heidi Cohen. In this article, Connected Content: How To Make Your Marketing Results Better, Heidi has this to say about connected content, "At its best, connected content pulls your reader out of passive reading mode and encourages them to act."
The above image explains in detail exactly what connected content is and how it can help your small business.
- For more on connected content, watch the following video from digital marketing experts Investis Digital:
- Our third expert on digital marketing is Marketing Insider Group. You get the full monty from this article they wrote titled How to Create and Execute a Digital Marketing Strategy. The article offers eight steps to creating and executing your small business digital marketing strategy. Below is a quick takeaway from that article: Quick Takeaways
- The audience should be the #1 priority for any digital content plan.
- Setting clear goals and measurable KPIs makes it easier to evaluate progress.
- An annual content plan forces an always-on marketing approach
- Test, measure, and focus on the things that work to drive marketing ROI
- Our 4th chosen expert in Digital Marketing is Jeff Walker. Mr. Walker is the creator of the Product Launch Formula and author of the New York Times Best Seller, Launch: How To Sell Almost Anything Online, Build a Business You Love, and Live the Life of Your Dreams. In this article from his website titled Easy Marketing Hacks for Big Impact, Jeff offers some really great tips that many small business owners may not have in their digital marketing toolbox.
- Our number 5 suggestion for a digital marketing expert we saved for last because he really is considered one of the very best digital marketers, and that's Neil Patel. The guy is a wizard, we swear. But be forewarned, his articles are always long and involved. That's one of the reasons he is tops, he explains steps in great detail. In this free downloadable e-book, Neil explains SEO in a way that any digital marketer/small business owner can understand and immediately implement. If you are at all savvy about digital marketing, then you know that SEO is the true lifeblood of your online business. SEO, (Search Engine Optimization) done correctly is how you rank your business above your competitor on Google, simply put. But learning how to do SEO correctly is not simple. Let Neil Patel simplify it for you by downloading his free ebook by following this link.
By taking advantage of the above advice from what we consider the best 5 digital marketing experts your business will most certainly improve, if not skyrocket. Please take a minute to share this blog post so that your small business peers on social media can benefit from the information just as you have. Also, if you are not already using the MoneyThumb software designed specifically for small business owners, take a free test drive right now.