Every now and then the Rules of Thumb blog from MoneyThumb likes to share free resources we find around the web with our readers. In today's blog post, below we are sharing free resources we discovered that are of great value to accountants.
Goals and Achievements, Helping Accountants Achieve More Career Success, is a site that offers several very valuable, free e-courses and reports. Two of the free courses offered are as follows:
Free 6 Part Leadership Audio E-Course
- What’s different about leading than managing
- The qualities that you will need to acquire to succeed as a leader
- How effective self-leadership can make a real difference to the results you achieve
- How to get the best results from your team and lead change
Management Mastery For Professionals E-Course
In this 10 part e-course I want to share with you:
- The role of the manager
- The key qualities for being an effective manager
- How to successfully make the transition from highly rated professional to highly-rated manager
- The 5 common management styles and when to use them
- How to be more personally productive and get more done
- How to deal with setbacks
- How to achieve more by listening more
- How to be more effective at managing others
- 10 steps to higher levels of motivation
- Why you must delegate and how to do it
More Free Resources for Accountants and Bookkeepers
A site called Build Your Firm, for accountants, CPAs and bookkeepers have this great free information kit. Here is what their site says about the information kit:
Learn how to:
- Develop practice at profit margins TWICE the industry average
- Realize higher hourly fees
- Develop a practice that operates as a business (not a job)
- Operate the practice with less stress
- Capitalize on business owners using QuickBooks
- Develop a niche so you can attract higher-value clients
This next site with a ton of free stuff is a little different. It reminds me of the very first websites that were ever built, convoluted and confusing, mostly. However, there are so many free things that should not be overlooked due to bad website design. This page is called Accounting Internet Library, and the site is Business Book Mall. A few of the helpful things you will find are:
- Accounting Practice Tests
- Quick Notes Free Accounting Course
- Accounting and Financial Dictionary
And there is SO much more there! Really take some time when you check out the site.
Another great freebie we found for accountants is this Free Work at Home Guide that offers an article with a list of companies that hire work-at-home accountants and bookkeepers. So if you are looking for more freelance work, check out their list.
And last but certainly not least is this free Tax Year 2019 Desk Reference Guide offered by Drake Software and the Taxing Subjects website. Below is the description of this free valuable product:
"Every year, Drake Software compiles commonly used tax information in a convenient, easy-to-use desk reference guide, so paid tax return preparers have the information they need when they need it. The Drake Software 2019 Desk Reference Guide organizes important, frequently used tax information, like the due diligence requirements, Social Security payback limitations, and common filing season requirements.
Note: Once you fill out the form, you will have access to all Taxing Subjects downloads."
The MoneyThumb team hopes our blog readers who are accountants benefit from the above list of freebies. We want you to know about a freebie we offer, which is a free test drive we offer of our PDF financial file converters. So many accountants use this product to improve their practice so if you have never tried out the version of our software specifically designed for accountants, right here before the upcoming tax season is a great time to take a free test drive.