I think all accountants, bookkeepers, and small business owners can agree that free webinars are a great way to stay up-to-date on the latest information, technology, and trends in the accounting space. Not only that, many free webinars offer credits for attending. What a wonderful way to advance your skills and obtain recognition for your efforts simply by spending a little time watching free accounting webinars!
We have collected a list of free webinars that are coming up in April and May of 2017. Mark these on your calendar!
- This free webinar from CPA Practice Advisor, MAKING YOUR FIRM A GREAT PLACE TO WORK (Cool Culture Counts Series), is on April 27, 2017 at 2 pm EST. Here is a description of the webinar from CPA Practice Advisor: "Creating a culture that people want to work in can be difficult, but it pays off exponentially. Join Wesley Middleton, Managing Partner of MiddletonRaines+Zapata, one of the fastest growing firms in the country, and Brian Siet from Wolters Kluwer for a conversation about culture in firms. The keys to a cool culture include Place, People, Passion & Energy, Vision & Values and Practices.In this first part of a 5-part series, we’ll talk about how the firm’s physical environment contributes to a great culture. Topics include:
- Paperless systems
- Other fun perks
Creating a cool culture is key for firms that want to survive and thrive in the future. Find out how a high-performing firm accomplishes it.
Program level: Basic (no prerequisites required).
Receive 1 hour of free CPE credit for participating in this live webcast."
How AP Automation Can Mitigate Risk and Prevent Fraud is a free webinar being presented by App2PNetwork on May 17, 2017. Here is a short description of the webinar from the registration page: This webinar will explore how today’s leading automation solutions can help to reduce risk and prevent fraud within the AP process. We’ll identify the risks that can be inherent within manual AP processes. We’ll learn how fraud can be perpetrated due to manual invoices, check payments, lack of electronic self-audits, ERP interfaces and lack of focus on controls. Next, we’ll identify how each automation solution can mitigate AP risk and help to prevent a possible fraud.
Benefits of Attending:
• Gain an understanding of the leading AP automation solutions available today and learn how these solutions can positively impact the AP process.
• Learn about the common “red flags” of risk within a manual AP process.
• Learn how AP automation solutions can enhance the AP process to mitigate risk and prevent fraud. Receive 1 CEU toward APM, APS, or P2P recertification!
- DIGITAL MARKETING 101. Let's face it. The minute you built a website, blog, or online accounting firm, bookkeeping service, or other small business you instantly became a digital marketer! This free webinar will teach you everything you need to know about success in digital marketing. Here is a description of the webinar from the host's site, Illumeo and the registration form is here.
"Thursday,May. 18, 201711:00 AM PACIFICDURATION: 1 HOUREducational WebinarFREECPA1 CPE CreditCPD1 HourCMA1 CPE CreditLeading effectively across the enterprise requires a finance to collaborate with marketing leaders. What better way to be a strategic partner to marketing leaders then to understand the challenges they face? This webinar focuses on the landscape in today’s world of digital marketing and social media, including what works, what does not work, how to assess the effectiveness of your company in these areas, and how to identify opportunities to collaborate with marketing colleagues to design and execute marketing programs that impact company growth.
Discover what marketing success means in the arenas of digital marketing and social media and speak the language of your CMO. Explore the pros and cons of social media vehicles LinkedIn, Facebook and Twitter. Identify specific opportunities for collaboration with marketing colleagues.
LEARNING OBJECTIVESAfter attending this event you will be able to:Discover what marketing success means in the arenas of digital marketing and social media and speak the language of your CMO.Explore the pros and cons of social media vehicles LinkedIn, Facebook and Twitter.Identify specific opportunities for collaboration with marketing colleagues."