It is that time of the month again, and has become one of our favorite things to do, naming what we feel are the best accounting-related blog posts from across the internet. It keeps us on our toes, researching for this monthly post, and it is a treat to always find new accounting-related blogs and their topics.
For November, 2017, below is the list of what we at MoneyThumb feel are the very best blog posts which concern accounting and other financial articles that will be helpful for our readers. Enjoy, learn, and by all means, share!
The Best Accounting-Related Blog Posts for November, 2017
- Our first selection for the best accounting-related blog posts is from CPA Practice Advisor. The article is written by Managing Editor Isaac M. O’Bannon and discusses the drastic rise in the percentage of CFOs who now trust trust the cloud for financial data. Just 3 years ago the percentage was 33% and now it has risen to 73%. This information comes from a study done by CFO Indicator.
- Gery Brownholtz, CPA, and Accounting Editor at Bloomberg, has done the heavy lifting for us with this roundup of important tax and accounting auditing and highlights for November, 2017.
- Buying a Business? Here is Your Financial Checklist is a great blog post from Accountex Report. It is a great resource if you are considering buying a business. Here is the key takeaway from the article. “Buying an existing business over starting from scratch can have many benefits: an established customer base, pre-existing business records to help drive future decisions, and the knowledge and expertise of former staff. But it can also be a tricky road to navigate, fraught with potential financial burdens if things aren’t handled correctly. Be sure to guide your client in the right direction, so they can make the most from their new business venture.”
- Rita Keller, CPA has a fantastic blog and we have chosen this post as one of our best accounting-related blog post for November, 2017. Another checklist, but this one concerns taxes. Tick off all of your boxes now from Rita’s year end tax checklist.
- Our last, but as usual far from least, best accounting-related blog post for November, 2017 comes from Outsource Your Books, Professional Bookkeeping and Accounting. The post is titled Self-Employed and Confused About Your Compensation? Read the post if you can totally related, as so many self-employed accountants do.
This concludes our list. We hope you have found some excellent resources to help improve your overall knowledge of accounting and financial topics.