If you are an accountant who is yet to automate your practice, the Rules of Thumb blog from MoneyThumb is pretty sure you are getting close to making this happen. You are smart or you wouldn't have been able to become an accountant in the first place, and smart business people know they must keep up with changes and trends in their niche. What we are seeing, however, is that the switch to the automation of any kind of business is more than just a trend, it is the way of the future. To keep up, be relative, and provide the best service to your accounting clients, now is the time to begin automating your practice.
Yes, we realize this sounds like a daunting task, and there is the natural fear of not doing it exactly right. Automation, after all, is new to the majority of us. But switching your accounting practice to automation can be handled with ease if you follow the 5 pieces of expert advice we have provided below that will provide you with a good start, and also attend the webinar we have listed below as well:
- Choose a cloud-based accounting platform to start working on a single ledger and automatically enter data entered from bank feeds
- Automate non-value adding tasks such as data entry of suppliers’ invoices and debtor follow up by using add-ons such as Receipt Bank and Chaser
- Look at ways to automate other data entry tasks such as client details by integrating web sites with Xero Practice Manager or your practice management solution
- Automate (or at least semi-automate) preparation of proposals for new clients and reissue letters of engagement each year with Practice Ignition or a similar app
- And if you can’t find an add-on to suit your needs then look at developing a customized solution. That will free up non-value adding time for more activities focused on the client relationship
Before you begin the task of automating your accounting practice, even though we have offered 5 helpful tips above, we strongly suggest you attend this webinar hosted by Accounting Web. That link leads to the page where you register. The webinar is free and happens on Sept 25, 2019. It is titled Making the Most of Your Automated Practice. Here is a description of the webinar from the registration page:
Automating your firm can be an expensive and often disruptive exercise. So how do you ensure that the strategies and techniques that you're employing are taking you towards a more profitable practice? There is a strategy for doing exactly that and in this webinar, the great Geni Whitehouse will talk through techniques you can use to direct your own practice automation efforts for the best results.
You will learn:
* How automation for its own sake is a recipe for disruption
* How to focus on your clients' needs as your firm evolves
* How to take clients with you on your automation journey
By attending this free webinar you will receive 1 CPE credit.
The team at MoneyThumb hope the information in this Rules of Thumb blog post will help you get started with automating your accounting practice. Another great help with automation of your accounting practice is the use of the tools MoneyThumb provides for PDF financial file conversion. Check out our tools today and take a test drive. You will be amazed at how much time they will save your practice.