Since it is the middle of tax season and the stressors for accountants, CPAs, and other tax professionals are running high, the Rules of Thumb blog from MoneyThumb decided it was the perfect day to offer up some very valuable freebies we discovered online. So without further ado, here they are:
- The first freebie is a free e-book courtesy of CPA Charge. Here is a description of the e-book from their website, "Get a step-by-step guide to CPA firm security. Building a Secure Practice: A guide for CPAs. As a CPA, you’re in possession of your clients’ most sensitive personal and financial details, so it should be no surprise firms like yours have become prime hacking targets. Don’t wait until a breach occurs to examine your firm’s processes, systems, and cyber-assets. This free e-book walks you through the most important steps to boost your firm’s security. The guide covers best practices for password management, network configuration, safeguarding different types of data, and much more. Take the first step toward more robust security—and greater peace of mind—by downloading today."
- Our second freebie is from Gusto. It is a free guide called, The Ultimate Recruiting Guide for Accounting Firms. Here is a description of the guide from the Gusto website, "Recruiting for your accounting firm can be a tricky endeavor. From culture and onboarding to sourcing strategies that get results, this guide will teach you how to build an effective and thoughtful recruiting strategy that will draw amazing people to your firm. You’ll also find useful checklists, templates, case studies, and expert advice that will make the entire process easy and impactful.
This guide will help your firm:
- Define a great company culture
- Create a compelling onboarding experience
- Understand what it takes to attract top talent
- Integrate the tools and processes for success
You should read this guide if you are:
- An accounting or bookkeeping firm looking to hire in the next year
- Interested in building the right firm culture and values to retain talent"
- The last freebie we are listing today is a free webinar from CPA Practice Advisor and is very timely. The webinar is titled, Tax Season Hacks: 5 Steps To Transform Your Tax Season. Here is a description of the webinar from CPA Practice Advisor's website, "Tax Season is the busiest time of the year for Accountants, and should be the most profitable. However, too many firms miss out on opportunities because they are tied to traditional processes that are time-consuming, and don’t add value. Now practices finally have the chance to change all that. Leveraging new tools allows you to create more efficient workflows, which in turn frees up your time to add value to your client relationships. Your clients, your team, and your profit margins will all feel the benefits.
Having worked with thousands of accounting firms, Receipt Bank’s VP of Business Development Damien Greathead will show you how your firm can break free of the traditional tax season pitfalls to find new opportunities for growth and profit.
In this webinar, you’ll find out:
- How leading firms are shifting their business model towards Monthly Recurring Revenue, Real-Time Accounting, and Accounting Automation to hack traditional processes
- The trick to getting the essential accounting documents you need from your clients without chasing
- How to use new cloud tools to grow your profit margins and the number of referrals
Sign up to learn how to transition your firm’s service model to an efficient, technology-based one that will not only help solve your tax season bottlenecks but also add value for your firm and your clients throughout the year.
Program level: Basic (no prerequisites required).
Receive 1 hour of free CPE credit for participating in this live webcast."
We hope these freebies for those in the accounting profession and other tax preparers are very useful to our Rules of Thumb blog readers. Have a happy Friday and a wonderful weekend!